The Surrey Championship Twenty20 Competition for The Edwards Cup
All 1st XIs with a team in the Premier Division, are entered automatically and the entrance fee is covered by the ECB payment. All other clubs with a 1st XI in the Championship are invited to enter and they will pay a non-returnable fee of £25. Note, this payment will be added to the invoice sent out by the Treasurer when he requests subscriptions payments in March, due for payment before 1 May.
All 1st XI club reps are asked to email Mark Babb before 28th February, advising whether you are entering or not. If you are entering please provide relevant details (name + email address) of your T20 contact. This role can also be added via Play-Cricket Admin under 'Other' role.
As well as indicating your intention to enter we would also appreciate if you could indicate if you are prepared to host a “Super Monday” 2nd round, with 4 clubs playing 2 semi-finals and a final at 8 different venues across the county on Bank Holiday Monday, 28th May.
The document published for the last Council Meeting contains a more detailed description of the format changes but important to note is the changed schedule for 2018 which means only first round matches need to be played midweek.
We hope that all the changes will encourage more clubs to enter in 2018 and we would emphasise that prior participation in the competition is not required.
The Draw[/url] for the 2018 Twenty20 Competition will be published on Play-Cricket.
An updated document will be available for downloaded in full.
Next Steps once the draw is published
- The home team must make contact with the opposition as soon as possible and arrange a date for the first round match.
- The home team must provide 3 dates to the opposition for the match to take place.
- It is up to the away team to accept one of those dates.
- The date of the match must be advised to the Competition Manager (Phil Trayner) by email as soon as it has been arranged.
- Results must be put on Play-Cricket within 24 hours of the match taking place. Ideally the full scorecard.
Clubs must arrange for their own umpires for Rounds 1 – 3 inclusive. Clubs needing umpires should contact the Surrey ACO. The Surrey Championship will arrange for umpires in Round 4 and the Finals Day.
Match balls will be distributed at the balls collection event at Wimbledon CC.