Surrey Championship & Surrey County Cricket Club Funding
The Championship committee along with Surrey CCC will determine whether to approve the grant, upon application. Grants, upon approval, will be paid immediately to qualifying schemes within Clubs.
All grant applications should be sent by email to Mark Babb.using the attached Excel outline form.
When applying for a grant, Clubs should take into consideration that the singular aim is to Increase Participation in Surrey Cricket.
Increasing participation can take a variety of broad forms, and the following ideas may be useful in determining whether your grant application will be successful.
- Coaching Programmes for additional age groups.
- Use of innovative approaches to recruit adult players into clubs (e.g. social media, paid advertising)
- Revenue costs associated with training coaches, officials and grounds people to support the delivery of increased numbers
- Marketing and Promotional costs to support player recruitment at all levels (e.g. flyers, banners etc)
- Costs associated with the club running an open day or another style of an event aimed at recruiting new members from their local communities
- Enhancing the experience of players – coaching aids, equipment, etc
- Funds that will contribute to an Inclusive Environment – the establishment of Girls Cricket, Women’s cricket, Disability Cricket.
- Entering a new team in the Championship for 2019 – but not at the expense of another league – i.e. a net increase of players.
Clubs should consider their own financial contribution to the application, and indicate this in the application
Clubs should actively seek community participation towards the projects applied for, and demonstrate this in the application.
Please note that there is no limit on the amount of grant that can be applied for, but the Championship Committee and Surrey CCC will want to see a fair distribution of funds across Championship Clubs.
For other funding information, you can download the Surrey Championship 2019 guide here.
We are thrilled to share a list of grants awarded in Year 1 by the Surrey Championship & Surrey County Cricket Club via our partnership as announced in 2018.
|2018||Ashtead CC||Girls and Coaching support / fees|
|2018||Battersea Ironsides CC||Nets refurbishment|
|2018||Camberley CC||Juniors development|
|2018||Farnham CC||Girls Cricket|
|2018||Hampton Wick Royal CC||Coaching support|
|2018||Horsley & Send CC||Girls and Juniors development|
|2018||Kingstonians CC||Coaching Support|
|2018||Merrow CC||Juniors development|
|2018||Old Rutlishians CC||Juniors development|
|2018||Oxted & Limpsfield CC||Girls and Juniors development|
|2018||Sanderstead CC||Girls and Juniors development|
|2018||Staines & Laleham CC||Coaching fees|
|2018||Weybridge CC||Girls Development|
|2018||Weybridge Vandals CC||Emergency equipment|
|2018||Woking & Horsell CC||Emergency Equipment|
15 Clubs were supported with grants awarded totalling £13,150 with an average grant of around £900 per club. 4 clubs were rejected for incomplete applications or applications not relevant to the criteria.