The Surrey Championship Twenty20 Competition for The Edwards Cup
All 1st XIs with a team in the Premier Division, were entered automatically and the entrance fee is covered by the ECB payment. All other clubs will pay a non-returnable fee of £25. Note, this payment will be added to the invoice sent out by the Treasurer when he requests subscriptions payments in March, due for payment before 1 May.
The Draw for the 2017 Twenty20 Competition has been made and is now published on Play Cricket.
The summary information below, can be downloaded in full.
You are asked to ensure that if you have been drawn as the home side you contact the opposition as soon as possible and offer them 3 dates on which the match can take place at your usual venue. If both clubs have byes into Round 2 then also please arrange your game as soon as possible.
- Round 1 – by 19th May 2017
- Round 2 – by 9th June 2017
- Round 3 – by 30th June 2017
- Round 4 – by 14th July 2017
NOTE – the fixtures dates initially shown on Play Cricket for each Round are the nominal first dates of each Round NOT the fixture date, nor the completion date. You can email email@example.com to amend the fixture date, once it is agreed by both sides. Please also include ground details and start time.
The Semi-finals & Final will be held on Sunday 23rd July 2017 and will be played at Ashford CC. The winners will go on to take part in the ECB national competition.
- The home team must make contact with the opposition as soon as possible and arrange a date for the match.
- The home team must provide 3 dates to the opposition for the match to take place.
- It is up to the away team to accept one of those dates.
- The date of the match must be advised to the Competition Manager (Simon Robins) preferably by email as soon as it has been arranged.
- Results must be put on Play Cricket within 24 hours of the match taking place. Ideally the full scorecard but a summary result will suffice.
Clubs must arrange for their own umpires for Rounds 1 – 3 inclusive. Clubs needing umpires should contact the Surrey ACO. The Surrey Championship will arrange for umpires in Round 4 and the Finals Day.
Match balls will be distributed at the balls collection event at Wimbledon CC.