The Constitution, Rules & Playing Conditions of the Travelbag Surrey Championship
The Travelbag Surrey Championship Constitution for 2018 which is applicable to all clubs and divisions
Tier One Premier & Division One 1st XIs
Tier Two Division Two through Four 1st XIs
Tier Three Division Five 1st XIs, all 2nd, Premier & Divison One 3rd XIs & 4th XI Divisions
- Tiers One & Two: cover sides down to Division 4 of the 1st XI League
- Tiers Two & Three: means all Divisions of all Leagues except 1st XI Premier, Division 1 and the regional divisions of the 3rd XI League
- Tier Three: Division 5 of the 1st XI League and all 2nd, 3rd and 4th XI divisions except the regional divisions of the 3rd XI League
July 2018 Errata - please use these amended regulations to the published versions.
Tier 3 Schedule 8
Amended Rule 1(a):
The Scheduled Close of Play shall be as follows:
- for 1st XI Div 5, all 2nd XI and 3rd XI premier division, 18:50, unless the Golden Half Hour has been taken, in accordance with rule (c)(iii) below, in which case the Scheduled Close of Play shall be 19:20
- for other 3rd XI divisions and all 4th XI matches which commence at 13:00, 19:10
- for other 3rd XI divisions and all 4th XI matches which commence at 12:00 (Rounds 17 and 18), 18:10
(c)(iii) For 1st XI Div 5, all 2nd XI matches and 3rd XI premier division only, if after the scheduled commencement of the match time is lost due to inclement weather or other unavoidable cause then the appropriate calculations for overs lost shall take place after 30 minutes of time being lost (“Golden Half Hour”).
(d) Unless bowled out earlier, the team batting first shall bat for the full number of overs allotted prior to the commencement of the match or as reduced by the umpires in accordance with rule 1(e)(i) below
(e) Should the match commence later than the scheduled start time due to inclement weather or other cause, the Umpires shall reduce the number of overs per team by one over for every 7.5 minutes of time lost between the scheduled start time and the actual commencement.
(i) First innings. When play is suspended during the first innings, and account taken of the Golden Half Hour in accordance with rule 1(c)(iii) above as appropriate, the object shall be to rearrange the number of overs so that both sides have the opportunity of batting for the same number of overs. This is achieved by calculating the total playing time in minutes remaining after (allowing for the 30-minute tea interval) until the Scheduled Close of Play as set out in rule (a)above, and dividing by 3.75. The result is rounded up to the next whole even number and then divided by 2 for the number of overs for each side to bat. This must be a minimum of 20 overs per side, otherwise the match must be Abandoned.
(e)(ii) Second innings. If, owing to a delayed start to the second innings or a suspension of play during the second innings, there is insufficient time for the side batting second to face the same number of overs as the side batting first, then the number of overs to be bowled will be those that could be bowled by the Scheduled Close of Play. This is achieved by calculating the minutes remaining until the Scheduled Close of Play and dividing by 3.75. The result is rounded up to the next whole number. This must be a minimum of 20 overs , otherwise the match is Abandoned. The number of overs to be faced by the team batting second will never be increased after an interruption.
(f) Both Captains and the Umpires shall agree drinks intervals prior to the start of each innings. A maximum of 5 minutes will be allowed for each drinks break. No account for drinks breaks shall be included in any calculation made in rule 1(e) above.
2018 R&PC Changes Summary
- In Tiers One and Two (down to Division 4 of the 1st XI League) Limited Overs matches: Free Hits will now be extended to being called for all No Balls except the over head-high bouncer
- In Tiers One and Two (down to Division 4 of the 1st XI League) Time matches: Once there is no longer time available to bowl at least 20 overs in the second innings, the game will be Abandoned
- In Tiers Two and Three (all divisions of all Leagues, except 1st Premier and Division 1, and the regional divisions of the 3rd XI league) Limited Overs matches: Duckworth-Lewis will be used for interrupted matches via the DL calculator in the Play-Cricket Scorer app.
- In Tier Three (Division 5 of the 1st XI League and all 2nd, 3rd and 4th XI divisions except the regional divisions of the 3rd XI league) Time matches: when the first innings ends during an over, that part over will count as a full over for the purposes of the minimum number of overs in the match.
- Captains are now required to submit reports on Panel Umpires within 5 days of the match (changed from 10 days). Reporting will remain via Who is the Umpire for 2018.
- In Tier Three, 3rd XI Premier Division only, start times are now 12 noon for Weeks 1-16
- In matches without Panel umpires, the umpires are not permitted to make use of the behavioural sanctions set out in the new Law 42.
The Playing Conditions for the West, Central & East 3rd XIs are in the Fullers Brewery Surrey County League Handbook.