Are you ready?? New season checklist.
5 months ago
By Surrey Championship
Help to ensure you are match fit!
- Read the updated Rules & Playing Conditions and ensure you know how these affect your matches. For example: some match point awards have changed (also see point 14 below); some start times have changed; some additional bowling restrictions have been brought in; Powerplays have changed for Tiers 1 and 2
- 1st XI non Premier & Division 1 clubs: ensure your overseas players are registered before 31st May. Ensure you use the new form to do this.
- 1st XI Premier & Division 1 clubs ensure divisional registrations and removals are complete by 31st May. Ensure you use the new form to do this.
- Ensure any other players transferring to your club after 7th May are documented using the provided form.
- Make sure your annual subs are paid before 1st May. Around 50% of clubs won’t be getting any match points currently...
- Choose your electronic scoring application, aware of the changes since last summer before you do. Results reporting needs do not change.
- Clubs playing in divisions using Duckworth-Lewis-Stern, please ensure you have the latest DLS1-2014 software. Contact Helen if you do not.
- There will be new captains’ match report where Panel umpires are appointed and we are using WhosTheUmpire. Instructions on how to use the system will be sent to all captains prior to the start of the season and posted here.
- Check the correct match balls have been allocated to each team (and each team captain/manager knows about this): Dukes balls for 1st XIs in Prem & Div 1; Sovereign for all other 1st & 2nd XIs; Match balls for 3rd XIs in Prem Div 1 & 2, and for all 4th teams; whilst Regional 3rd XIs use Supreme
- Get your pitch markers ready and available for week 1, it’s limited overs matches to kick things off.
- Ensure your umpires (if not covered by panel umpires) and scorers have your fixture details and have the latest Rules & Playing Conditions.
- Re-read the weather & light guidance in case any matches are affected.
- If you encounter a disciplinary issue during the season, use the documented process.
- New for 2017. As part of the results reporting you do need to manually add notes about the match timings in Play-Cricket (if the game is not covered by panel umpires). In return, you don’t have to calculate or enter bonus points manually this year, as Play-Cricket updates automatically based on the scoreline and result entered. Please email us if you have issues or queries with match result reporting none the less.
- Check out the online version of the Surrey Championship handbook.
- For the early adopters out there, you will be able to download and trial the Travelbag Surrey Championship app! Watch for the upcoming announcement.
- Sign up now to Blue Bails Day 2017 if you are planning to take part.
- Please ensure you include references to our sponsor, Travelbag, via your various channels and promote their services to your members. News of another competition for players in 2017 will be announced soon.
- Start thinking about your attendance at the Travelbag Surrey Championship awards dinner. Matthew Hoggard will be our principal speaker on 6th October
- And of course we wish everyone a great season on and off the field. If there’s something not listed here, that you still need to know or ask about, here’s who to contact in the first instance.
Premier Division - 1st XI
The Travelbag Surrey Championship newsletter
Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.